Tuesday, 5 July 2016

4 Ways To Be More Confident


















Stop comparing yourself to others.

With social media being such a huge part of our lives, it's easy to check in on other people and compare them to yourself. What people fail to remember is that people will only post what they want you to see. Perfect lives do not exist. There is so much that goes on behind Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, YouTube and Twitter. Those flawless celebrities, families, any individual you see online do have their issues, but only portray the happy stuff.

Don't envy, aspire.

When I was the most insecure I have ever been, seeing the success of others made me jealous and spiteful. I don't know why, but seeing someone achieve something used to make me envious rather than proud. If you tend to do the same, try looking at others accomplishments in a more positive light. Look at them as inspiration, for help to achieve your goals. 

Don't compete, empower.

Similar to the last step, don't look at others accomplishments as negative things. I see so much competition going on, when we should be empowering one another. Collaborate, work with people to not only help them, but you succeed.

Exercise. 

I know what you're all thinking- "ugh". But I honestly felt so great about myself when I started exercising. Before including a workout to my daily routine, I was always too skinny, too weak, too unhealthy. Knowing I was doing something about it boost my mood up tremendously.


6 comments:

  1. I love "don't envy, aspire"! You gave some great advice in this post, Megan. Hope you week is going well <3

    Blessings,
    Edye | Gracefulcoffee.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Hope you're doing well xx

      Delete
  2. Stopping comparing yourself to others is very good advice for anyone and everyone! One of my favourites quotes is 'comparison is the thief of joy'. 100% with you on exercising, by the way! :)

    aglassofice.com
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great quote, I truly believe it helps with confidence!

      Delete
  3. I'm naturally quite shy so this is a great post for me. I'm terrible at exercising but I need to get onto it! xx

    http://www.thatnewdress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you found this post helpful :)

      Delete