Monday, 13 June 2016

7 steps to happiness





  1. Get rid of negativity - Remove anyone who is making a negative impact on your life. Cutting off people who aren't good to you will feel like a huge weight is lifted off your shoulders. If you cannot physically get rid of them, then try to disconnect from them as much as possible. Don't ask them for anything, and don't let them ask anything from you. Focus on the people who care for your happiness. 
  2. Take care of yourself - It's okay to be a little selfish. Don't feel sorry for taking some "me time". It's okay to put yourself first sometimes. 
  3. Learn how to forgive - Don't let others mistakes take a toll on you. Don't make forgiving someone about excusing their behaviour, but about not allowing their behaviour to hurt you. Holding onto anger is unhealthy, forgiving allows you to make peace with not only the other person, but yourself. 
  4. Stop caring about what other people think - This easier said than done, but important to achieve happiness. Do what makes you happy, and don't think of the opinions of others. If they're closed minded or unsupportive, they are not people you need in your life. 
  5. Do nice things for others - I have always been the type of person who cares about other peoples comfort and happiness. Seeing someone smile after doing something nice for them never gets old. 
  6. Be less judgemental - I get so upset when I hear people talk down on others decisions. Try your best not to look down on other people because they choose to live a different life than you. Focus on yourself, your decisions, and your life. 
These are just some of the habits I have made to ensure a happy life. What do you do to stay happy?

I also made a new Twitter page for this blog! Follow @memosfrommegan

11 comments:

  1. I definitely need to work on forgiveness, it can be very hard to not hold grudges but it makes all the difference on your well being. Great post Megan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got the cutting out negativity aspect down, to the point where I have been called "brutal" after cutting someone out of my life. It's been a long hard road to that point though, and I do think it's necessary for personal well being. Being less judgmental is something I definitely need to work on though.

    Loving the new blog title by the way!

    Bethany // wardrobespareoom.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You gotta do what you gotta do in order to be happy! I try not to take what people say to heart after cutting them out, I did do it for a reason anyway. Thanks so much lovely!

      Delete
  3. Such great points, Megan! I always enjoy reading your blog <3

    Blessings,
    Edye | Http://gracefulcoffee.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. So true! Agree with all points!

    Take Care Doll! Kisses,
    BLOG | Taislany

    ReplyDelete
  5. Taking care of yourself is such a good point - I think in a bid to make ourselves happy we often charge in all directions, but sometimes slowing down and taking care of ourselves can be the best thing :) Hope you're doing okay Megan!

    aglassofice.com
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! Hope you're well also Gabrielle xx

      Delete
  6. Do nice things for other people is such an important one! Even when I see other people doing nice things for people it makes me smile!xx

    http://www.thatnewdress.com

    ReplyDelete