Tuesday, 15 March 2016

Under Appreciated and Unaccepted


Have you ever felt really under appreciated? That no matter what you did, you just weren't accepted? Whether it's from a significant other, a friend, family members, or any group of people you'd like to be a part of, feeling this way is horrible and really discouraging. Especially if you haven't given anyone a reason to have a negative opinion of you, the question "what is wrong with me?" runs constantly through your mind when you aren't being accepted. This is going to be a very short blog post, because I was once given some really good advice and wanted to share it with anyone who is struggling with the feeling of being under appreciated and unaccepted.
As many girls do, I receive the best advice from my mom. She said this to me maybe a year ago, but it's something that has really stuck with me. She probably doesn't even remember it, since I go to her with many problems, but she basically told me not to waste time on people who don't appreciate me. Even if you're not going through a specific problem with acceptance, it's so important to remember this. Don't worry about the these negative people in your life, instead appreciate the people who love you, and appreciate having you in their life.
I once spent so much time and put so much effort trying to be accepted into someones life. All the kind gestures, and nice things I would do would just fly by their heads. I realized the amount I was doing for people who didn't give me the time of day was ridiculous. Don't let people who don't appreciate you control so much of your mind, feelings, and emotions. They just aren't worth it. Your energy would be better fixated on the people who love having you in their lives. My parents and sister love me, and accept me for who I am. I have a boyfriend who appreciates what I do for him in return of him treating me like a million bucks. I have friends who I can consider family, and take advantage of me, knowing I'll always be there for them, while I know they'd be there for me whenever I need support. These are the people that love having me in their lives, and these are the only people I should be focusing on. Don't let anyone make you feel like you're not worth it.




2 comments:

  1. Awesome post Megan! I think that the most important thing is to accept yourself as you are and be happy with your identity before opening yourself up to other people's opinions <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emily! I agree, as long as you're happy with yourself, the opinions of others don't matter.

      Delete