Thursday, 3 March 2016

Monthly Favourites: February



Surprise, two posts in one week! Monthly favourite blog posts have always been something I enjoyed reading, and being the "product junkie"thanks mom that I am, I thought I might share the things I have been loving in the month of February. I spend a ridiculous amount of money on new products every so often, and would love to write a bit about what I've been loving lately. I will also include some of the prices just incase you are interested. I apologize for the mediocre photos, I understand natural lighting is the best lighting but it's really hard taking blog photos when you're a busy student!

XBOX Lunar White Controller - $69.99

I am infamous for spilling wine on my Xbox controllers, which has resulted in a lot of replacements. I bought this one mainly because I love the white and gold theme, but I didn't know about the textured grip on the back, which doesn't really make a difference in gameplay, but is very comfortable. The description also says it has a more sensitive hair trigger, but I can't say I noticed.

Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish - $22.75

I will never go back to washing my face/taking off my makeup with anything but a hot cloth cleanser. I'm only able to get this in Ireland, which is very sad but worth every purchase. It's such a luxurious way to take off your makeup and get ready for bed, and is a lot more relaxing than your usual face cloth. Each bottle also comes with 2 muslin cloths, so you do stack up on a good amount of those.

Show Beauty Premiere Working Texturizing Spray - $58.00
Ever since I chopped all my hair off, I've been finding it really difficult to style it. Long hair was actually a lot easier. I was able to just wash it, and let it air dry into beautiful curls. Now, not so much. I picked up this spray one day in Sephora just to try out and it seems to do a good job in adding texture. Plus, it smells amazing. 

Fallout 4

This game I actually borrowed from my boyfriend, Karl. I finished Rise of the Tomb Raider and was desperately looking for something else to play. I thought if he became obsessed with the game, after not being a fan of Fallout 3, I had to try it out. I'm hooked. It reminds me a lot of Skyrim, but guns, obviously. I still don't have much time to play, because, school stuff, and I help Karl out running a clan in Destiny, but I'll play whenever I find the time.

Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard

Again, I don't have much time for anything other than homework because of school, but I'll bring a book with me when I have to travel by subway, or when I take a bath. I heard some really good things about this book, so I picked it up. I'll admit, I'm not finished yet, but I'm really enjoying it so far. If your into the Hunger Games, Divergent type books, you'd like it. Teenage Megan probably would appreciate it a bit more, but it is a good read.

Peoples Jewellers - Gold Chain

One visit I made to Ireland with my sister, my grandma gave me this beautiful locket of hers with a picture of her and my grandpa in it. It's become very dear to me, especially since his passing. I decided to buy a more wearable gold chain for it, so I could wear it with me. Also, so that all the focus would be on the locket itself.

This Works Deep Sleep Pillow Spray

Lavender scented anything is a must if you experience anxiety or insomnia. This is a spray you apply to your pillow and bed sheets before bed, and calms you down for a peaceful sleep. I got this as a stocking stuffer from my lovely Aunt, and I've been using it ever since. I do prefer this over the Bath and Body Works one. I find that one leaves my hair greasy, but this one is perfect.

I hope you enjoyed reading. It's not my usual post but I would like to expand my blog and post a bigger variety of lifestyle entries. I hope everyone has a good week!

Megan x



No comments

Post a Comment