Thursday, 15 October 2015

It's okay to not be okay.

     The past couple of weeks have been pretty rough to me. I don't want to go into too much detail, but I'm very stressed, and find myself nervous a lot of the time again. I'm trying hard not to get into any bad habits, and I'm trying to remember to focus on one task at a time, to not overwhelm myself, and I'm constantly reminding myself that this will soon pass.
     I find that a lot of the time, when my head starts going into a dark place again, or I'm just having a bad week, I have people shaming me for being in that mindset again. A lot less support, and a lot more putting down. Although they may not be trying to put me down, I try my best, and it does really suck hearing, "you were doing so well, you're not trying anymore, what happened...".
     I think that if you're having a bad day, week, month, it's alright, take the time to just feel bad for yourself, if you're not harming anyone else around you. As long as you soon get out of that mindset, I think it's perfectly fine. If I'm having an anxious couple of months, it's not because I'm not trying anymore, it's just something that happens. Don't let anyone tell you that because you're not feeling okay mentally, you're doing a bad job at things.



     I may not be okay right now, but I know I'll snap out of it, and be okay soon. I think the bad times make the good times so much better. As long as you're taking care of yourself, go ahead and cry, take a day to yourself, do anything that will make you feel better. Sadness is such a normal feeling, and if it weren't for that feeling, we couldn't have happy times. So it's perfectly fine to have a down time. 
     I hope everybody is having a good week. I've been drowning in school work, so I am finding it hard to continue this blogging thing regularly. I'm trying my best to post as much as possible, though.

Megan x

No comments

Post a Comment