Wednesday, 23 September 2015

Instagram Diary #1: Goodbye Summer.

I have been incredibly busy since I have started school again. I spend most of my time doing homework, and I've been really neglecting my blog. I'm working on better time management skills so that I can keep posting on a weekly basis, because I do really enjoy blogging. Since yesterday was the first day of Autumn, I decided to do a post on all of my Instagram photos this past summer just to have a look back. I'm so excited for Fall, and I look forward to doing another one of these posts in a couple of months!


Steaks, beers, and Cards Against Humanity

I started off my summer amazingly, hosting a bbq with some of my closest friends. Even though my barbecue ran out of gas, which means we had to grill our steaks on the stove, and a really late dinner, we had a great night, got drunk and played Cards Against Humanity. We all cooked together, drank together, ate together, and just had a lot of fun. 


RIP Papa


Something horrible did happen this summer, my amazing Grandfather passed away the day he was supposed to come to Canada from Ireland to visit. It was an unexpected death, so we were all in shock. It was the worst thing that has ever happened to me. My whole family took an emergency trip to Ireland for the funeral, but unfortunately didn't get to see him before he passed. My sister and I were so lucky to have vacationed to Ireland the previous month. It's weird how we just felt the need to go, almost like we knew it was going to happen, but we are so thankful we got to spend that time with him. It's been 4 months, and it's still very weird to me that he's gone, and I miss him so much.


Jack's Confirmation


The day after we got back from Ireland was my little cousin, Jack's confirmation. I was his sponsor, and we had a really good night, despite some of my family still being in Ireland. I was in shock the whole night how big Jack has gotten, I now have to look up to him when we talk! It was nice to be in my elementary's school church, it brought back a lot of memories. 


Summer Nights


This night was a good night. We had family over for a barbecue, and sat in the backyard that night. Had some laughs, and a lot of beer.


Ireland, August 2015


We had this trip to Ireland planned for a long time, and we were going to have a huge party for my Papa's birthday. Unfortunately, we had to cancel the party. My Papa was always the life of the party, so we knew he would still want us all to have fun. We had a Mass and party for him anyway, and it was amazing how even after he passed away, he still pulled a great crowd. My family went to Westport for a week, and we had an awesome time. I did some archery, and we went out to have great meals every night. I always love spending time with my Irish family. 






Anniversary Throwback


My amazing boyfriend and I celebrated 2 years together. I posted this old photo of us, that I have always loved. Two years, and we still haven't gotten sick of each other. We have such a great relationship, I wouldn't change it for anything!


Redhead


 I have always loved having red hair, and I've been a redhead a few times. I decided to dye it red again, but it didn't last long. The red hair is such a struggle to keep up with, and also really expensive, so I'm back to brown unfortunately.


Fantasy Fair


My boyfriends family and I went out to lunch, then Fantasy Fair. It was my first time going and it was so much fun being kids and going on all the rides.


Happy Anniversary Mom & Dad!


My amazing parents celebrated 23 years together!


Last day of freedom before school




I spent the last day of summer holiday's before school at a beautiful beach in Oshawa with my boyfriend and his parents. After the beach, we went to a late lunch.


Super Early Birthday Dinner


My best friend took me out for a super early birthday dinner, since it was a while since we saw each other. We went to Jack Astor's, my favourite restaurant, then went shopping. 


Surprise Flowers


My boyfriend likes to surprise me with flowers every now and then and he did a damn good job last time. He decided to "cancel" our Friday night plans by saying he had to work late, and I got really upset. An hour later, I got a knock on my door and there he was with a beautiful bouquet! I'm a lucky woman.




That was my summer in a few photos. I think I'd like to start doing this every couple of months, I really did enjoy looking back. For next week, expect either an anxiety products post, or a post about my birthday weekend.

Megan x

1 comment: