Saturday, 5 September 2015

FOTD: Saturday Errands and Lunch // Quick Thank You!

One thing I realized in the process of this post, was one, it is much harder to take a good picture of concealer on a DSLR camera than it seems and two, most likely, a lot of my readers don't really care about what I put on my face, according to my stats. But, this is something I enjoy reading on other blogs, and something I enjoy writing about, so I'm going to do it anyway. Please, please, please scroll down right to the end anyway, as I would like to say a few words to everyone who reads! 
  


So my skin is pretty good to me, and I absolutely hate the feeling of foundation on my face, especially in the summer. So I only wear concealer, and powder. The concealer I use is Rimmel's Wake Me Up Concealer, and the powder I use is Mac's pro longwear. Since I have dry skin, I always spray fix plus on my face after the powder, just to add moisture.







For my eyebrows, I prefer using powder than anything else. Some days I'll use Soap & Glory's Archery brow pencil, but today I decided to go for Mac's eyeshadow in charcoal brown. This is a really nice ashy brown colour, so it looks really natural.


For eyes, I kept it fairly simple. I used Mac's All That Glitters all over the lid, Swiss Chocolate in the crease, and Venus from the Urban Decay Naked Basics Pallet as a highlight. I also used foxy as a transitioning colour.


For eyeliner I used Bobbi Brown's longwear gel eyeliner in black ink.




As for mascara, I used Roller Lash by Benefit. Not my first choice. Although it makes your eyelashes look super long, I go for more volume in mascara because I don't really need length. My favourite is Better Than Sex by Two Faced.




For blush, I went for Hervana by Benefit. I think it's a beautiful colour that really suits my skin tone. 




To contour, I always use Mac's blush in Taupe. I find bronzers way too orange, and it doesn't look natural. Taupe is a natural, greyish brown, that looks more so like natural shadows. You can only buy this blush at pro stores, and you can also only buy it out of the compact.


And finally, for lips I used my all time favourite lip liner which is Whirl by Mac.



Thanks for reading a super in depth/photo filled post about my face of the day. Now, I would like to just say a few things regarding the feedback I have had on my blog...

I have had amazing support and help from family and friends about this blog, and it's made me realized how blessed I was. I've had this blog for years, but never shared it and constantly deleted posts because the thought of putting myself out there terrified me. After finally sharing my blog with the world, I have gotten such amazing feedback. Especially after my post about my mental illness journey, I have gotten so many messages from people not only I was close to, but also people I've barely got a chance to know, and I want you to know that every single message I have gotten has really warmed my heart, and put a lot of confidence in me. So I just wanted to thank everyone who has shared, read, contacted me, and even just liked my Facebook page, because it actually means the world, and it puts a huge smile on my face every time. When you have a blog on Blogger, you are able to see the statistics of where your blog has been searched, viewed, and everything like that, and it has actually blown up pretty quickly at least a lot faster than I expected. It makes me wonder why I didn't start sooner. So again, thank you to everyone who has supported. Whether we talk everyday, or don't talk at all, your kind words, comments, and messages have completely made my year.

Love, Megan

No comments

Post a Comment